Ansia is a pyridylbenzodiazepine compound with anxiolytic properties. In low dosage, it diminishes anxiety, tension and nervousness. In high dosage, the sedative and muscle-relaxant properties appear.
Ansia is used for the following diseases:
* Emotional disturbances: Anxiety and tension states, as adjuvant therapy for anxiety in depressed patients, nervous tension, restlessness, and anxiety- and tension- related insomnia. As an adjuvant to treatment of underlying disease responsible for functional or psychosomatic impairments of various organs caused by anxiety and tension.
* Cardiovascular and respiratory systems: Pseudoangina pectoris, precordial anxiety, tachycardia, emotiogenic hypertension, dyspnea, and hyperventilation.
* Gastrointestinal tract: Irritable bowel syndrome, ulcerative colitis, epigastric pain, spasm, meteorism, and diarrhoea.
* Urogenital tract: Irritable bladder, urinary frequency and dysmenorrhea.
* Other psychosomatic disturbances: Psychogenic headache, psychogenic dermatoses.
Ansia is suitable for treatment of anxiety and tension states due to chronic organic disease and as an adjuvant to psychotherapy in psychoneurosis.
Ansia is also used to associated treatment for these conditions: Acute Anxiety, Severe Anxiety
|Other Names||Bromacepam, Bromazepam, Bromazepamum|
|Therapeutic Class||Benzodiazepine sedatives|
|Manufacturer||Julphar Bangladesh Ltd|
|Last Updated:||June 23, 2021 at 11:17 am|
Table Of contents
Adults: The optimum dosage and frequency of administration of Ansia is based on the individual patient, the severity of symptoms and previous psychotropic drug history.
Average dose for outpatient therapy: 1.5 - 3 mg 3 times daily.
Severe cases, especially in hospitals: 6 - 12 mg 2 - 3 times daily.
Treatment of outpatients should begin with low doses, gradually increasing to the optimum level. In general, the total duration of treatment should not exceed 8-12 weeks including a tapering-off period. In certain cases, treatment may need to be continued beyond the maximum recommended duration but only after a careful reassessment of the patient's condition and indications.
Elderly patients: Doses should not exceed half those normally recommended.
Children: Ansia is not for paediatric use.
Ansia tablets are for oral administration
Common side effects include drowsiness, sedation, unsteadiness and ataxia. These are dose-related and may persist into the following day, even after a single dose. Other side effects are rare and include headache, vertigo, hypotension, gastrointestinal upsets, skin rashes, visual disturbances and urinary retention.
In patients with chronic pulmonary insufficiency, and in patients with chronic renal or hepatic disease, dosage may need to be reduced.
Ansia should not be used alone to treat depression or anxiety associated with depression.
Ansia should be used with extreme caution in patients with a history of alcohol or drug abuse.
Phenothiazines, barbiturates, MAO inhibitors and psychoactive drugs may potentiate the action of Ansia and should not be given concurrently.
- Avoid alcohol. Ingesting alcohol may increase the sedative and CNS depressant effects of bromazepam.
- Take with or without food. Taking bromazepam with food may reduce its Cmax and AUC.
Volume of Distribution
Pregnancy & Breastfeeding use
Pregnancy: The safety of Ansia in pregnant women has not been established. Ansia should not be used during pregnancy, especially during the first and last trimesters, unless there are compelling reasons.
Lactation: Benzodiazepines have been detected in breast milk. If possible, the use of Ansia should be avoided during lactation.
Patients with known hypersensitivity to benzodiazepines; acute pulmonary insufciency; respiratory depression phobic or obsessional states; chronic psychosis.
Manifestations of overdosage include somnolence, confusion, and respiratory and cardiovascular depression with coma in severe cases.
Interaction with other Medicine
If Ansia is combined with other centrally acting drugs, such as neuroleptics, tranquilizers, antidepressants, hypnotics, narcotic analgesics and anaesthetics, its CNS sedation effect may be increased.
Store in a cool dry place protected from light. Keep out of reach of children.