I Ten contains Mecobalamin. I Ten uses:
I Ten is indicated in-
- Peripheral Neuropathies
- Diabetic Neuropathy
- Verteberal Syndrome
- Nerve Compression Syndrome
- Multiple sclerosis
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
- Parkinson’s disease
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Diabetic retinopathy
- Entrapment neuropathy
- Drug induced neuropathy
- Megaloblastic anemia due to Vitamin B12 deficiency
|Brand Name:||I Ten|
|Therapeutic Class:||Drugs for Megaloblastic Anemia|
|Manufacturer:||FERON HEALTHCARE PVT LTD|
|Last Updated:||March 10, 2021 at 12:00 am|
Table Of contents
I Ten contains Mecobalamin 750.0 Mcg. I Ten Dosage
Tablet: The usual adult dosage is one 500 mcg tablet three times daily. The dosage should be adjusted according to the age of patient and the severity of symptoms.
- Peripheral neuropathies: The usual adult dosage is one ampoule equivalent to 500 mcg of I Ten, administered intramuscularly or intravenously three times a week.The dosage should be adjusted according to the age of patient and the severity of symptoms.
- Megaloblastic anemia: The usual adult dosage is one ampoule equivalent to 500 mcg of I Ten, administered intramuscularly or intravenously three times a week. After about two months of administration, dosage should be changed to one ampoule equivalent to 500 mcg of I Ten every one to three months as maintenance therapy
Generally I Ten is well tolerated. However, a few side effects like GI discomfort (including anorexia, nausea or diarrhea) & rash may be seen after administration of I Ten.
I Ten is the neurologically active form of vitamin B12 and occurs as a water-soluble vitamin in the body. It is a cofactor in the enzyme methionine synthase, which functions to transfer methyl groups for the regeneration of methionine from homocysteine. In anaemia, it increases erythrocyte production by promoting nucleic acid synthesis in the bone marrow and by promoting maturation and division of erythrocytes.
The medicine should not be used for months if there is no response at all after its use for a certain period of time.
Decreased GI tract absorption with neomycin, aminosalicylic acid, H2-blockers and colchicine. Reduced serum concentrations with oral contraceptives. Reduced effects in anaemia with parenteral chloramphenicol.
Pregnancy Lactation use
Not recommended during pregnancy & lactation.
Hypersensitivity to any component of this product.
Use in children: Not recommended.
Interaction with other Medicine
Oral: Store at room temperature. Protect from moisture and light.
Parenteral: Store at room temperature. Do not expose to direct light.
I Ten Tablet price in India 171