Clobetasol Propionate Cream is a multiple combination cream which exhibits anti-bacterial, anti-protozoal, anti-fungal and steroid properties to control inflammation. Ofloxacin is a broad-spectrum antibiotic that acts against many gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria. Ornidazole belongs
to the nitroimidazole group of antibiotics and is used to treat amoeba and trichomonas infections. Terbinafine is a topical antifungal and antiparasitic drug. Clobetasol is a potent corticosteroid which exhibits anti-inflammatory, anti-pruritic and vasoconstrictive properties.
Clobetasol Propionate is indicated in:
- Initial control of all forms of hyperacute eczema in all age groups
- Chronic hyperkeratotic eczema of the hands and feet and patches of chronic lichen simplex
- Chronic hyperkeratotic psoriasis of any area of the body
- Severe acute photosensitivity
- Hypertrophic lichen planus
- Localized bullous disorders
- Keloid scarring
- Pretibial myxoedema
- Suppression of reaction after cryotherapy
- Scalp Solution is indicated in the topical therapy of recalcitrant corticosteroid-responsive dermatoses of the scalp, including recalcitrant cases of psoriasis and seborrheic dermatitis.
Nyclobate Cream & Ointment
Adults and children over 1 year:
• Apply sparingly to cover the affected area, and gently rub into the skin. Frequency of application is 2 to 3 times daily according to the severity of the condition. The total dose applied should not exceed 50 g weekly.
• Treatment should not be continued for more than 7 days without medical supervision. If a longer course is necessary, it is recommended that treatment should not be continued for more than 4 weeks without the patient\\\'s condition being reviewed.
• Repeated short courses of Clobetasol may be used to control exacerbations
Children below 1 year: Under 1 year this preparation is not recommended
Nyclobate Scalp Application
• It should be applied to the affected scalp areas twice daily, once in morning and once at night.
• Total dosage should not exceed 50 ml per week.
• As with other highly active topical steroid preparations, therapy should be discontinued when control is achieved
Children: Under 1 year this preparation is not recommended.
• It should be applied to the dry (not wet) scalp once a day to the affected areas only.
• It should be massaged gently into the lesions and left in place for 15 minutes before lathering and rinsing.
• Treatment should be limited to 4 consecutive weeks.
• Total dosage of shampoo should not exceed 50 g per week.
• Under 18 years this preparation is not recommended.
Generally this preparation is well tolerated. However, few side effects after prolonged and intensive treatment may cause local atrophic changes in the skin such as Burning, itching, irritation, dry skin eczema.
Do not swallow. For external use only.
No hazardous interactions have been reported with use of Clobetasol Propionate.
Pregnancy Lactation use
The safe use of this preparation during pregnancy & lactation has not been established.
Contraindicated in Cutaneous infections such as impetigo, tinea corporis and herpes simplex, Infestations such as scabies, Acne vulgaris, Hypersensitivity, Rosacea, Gravitational ulceration, Perioral dermatitis, Children under 1 year
Use in Paediatrics: The drug may be used in paediatrics patients in appropriate dosage, but large quantities for prolonged period should be avoided. It is contraindicated in children less than one year.
Acute overdosage is very unlikely to occur. However, in the case of chronic overdose or misuse the features of hypercortisolism may appear.
Interaction with other Medicine
No hazardous interactions have been reported
Do not store above 30 0 C. Keep away from light and out of the reach of children. Do not freeze.